Ten Things Husbands Can Learn from the Family Dog
I love my dog. I mean I REALLY love my dog. I may even go so far as to say that I am in love with him. He is my writing buddy, my walking partner, and my snuggle pal.
My husband makes fun of me because I am constantly cuddling with Brogan and talking to him like he’s human. I say he’s just jealous. And perhaps he should be. I think there are some things he could actually learn from the fur ball.
Here are the top ten things I wish my husband would learn from my dog:
1. My dog has never once rolled his eyes at me.
2. Only the dog is allowed to be soft and hairy.
3. The dog is happy with just petting. Hint, hint.
4. Being able to lick one’s own ‘hot tamale” should not be looked at as a perk. (God, more like a curse.)
5. If the dog can clearly comprehend the word “no”, a husband should as well.
6. The canine species has learned to urinate without spraying in a 180 degree radius. Figure it out.
7. My dog knows how to snuggle without expectations.
8. Using puppy dog eyes only works if you’re actually, you know…a puppy dog.
9. It’s only funny when the dog farts.
10. Let me repeat…IT’S ONLY FUNNY WHEN THE DOG FARTS.
What about you? What do you wish your spouse would learn from your dog, cat, whatever you have?